I just finished Guild of Thieves (and will soon move on to Jinxter). First of all I'd like to thank you for making these remasters of my all time favourite text adventures.
While playing, there were a few behaviours of the UI that disturbed me slightly, so I would like to send you some suggestions:
- When I choose the size of a picture, and move to a different room with a picture it remains visible, however if I cross a room that does not have a picture it closes and does not reopen when a new picture appears. I'd prefer the picture size to be saved and the pane to reopen to selected size as soon as there is a picture again.
- When clicking shortcuts in the text to examine objects, the text entry loses focus and you have to either click into it again or press tab to activate it before being able to type. It would be much more user friendly if the focus was automatically returned to the text input after clicking something.
- Sometimes when I mistyped something I want to go back the previous entry and correct the mistake. It would be great to have a history like in a shell, where you type arrow up to get the last entered command.
- When I enter a word the parser does not know, this word is saved for autocompletion (with TAB) anyway. That seems pointless, since it will never be used in the game.
- When autocompleting with TAB it would be great if the first proposed words are those actually present in the room or my inventory (in case of objects), because they are the most likely to be used.
That's it. No big things, but convenience stuff that makes gameplay smoother.