Announcing: The Guild of Thieves "Restored" BETA

Announcing: The Guild of Thieves "Restored" BETA

As promised, we have the first beta for the remastered and restored edition of The Guild of Thieves by Magnetic Scrolls, 1987 - Restored from the original source code.

Downloads

Release Notes

• Animated pictures are currently disabled due to a Qt bug:
    Plan to add a workaround.

• Predictive text input:
    There's a new "word bar" that sits just above the text entry box. Suggestions can be tapped/clicked to accept, or from the keyboard press TAB to insert the leftmost suggested word.

The predictive text "learns" as you play the game, so it will never suggest something that you have not yet encountered (neat huh!).

• Compass Rose:
    New up and down indicators added, that appear when those exits available.

• Many other UI improvements!

Feedback, suggestions, comments, ideas and bug reports; most welcome!

Enjoy the beta!

-- Strand Team.

Comments

• The Linux beta has now been recovered,

TheGuild-linux-1.1.0.7.AppImage

• Enjoying the guild beta.. :)

• Great! I plan to start some discussion about optional game enhancements.

• Wot? I missed it? Argh!
  • Will be able to block some time for downloading and trying the beta if it is still available on monday though. Was just hectic the past few weeks and all that.
  • Any news on an android beta? :wink:
  • Yes, the Android beta will be available by December 15th.

• Downloading GOT now. No, not Game of Thrones, Guild of Thieves.

Will take a look at it today, wife (and homework permitting)...

• So.

First impression was not so favourable as the game itself turned totally nonresponsive after I maximized it. Exited and restarted seems to have fixed that.

Faffing around between the jetty and the boat sees mt points falling off one by one. Is this normal?

However, since it follows the pattern set by The Pawn, all seems to be fine and dandy so far.
  • So.

First impression was not so favourable as the game itself turned totally nonresponsive after I maximized it. Exited and restarted seems to have fixed that.

Faffing around between the jetty and the boat sees mt points falling off one by one. Is this normal?

However, since it follows the pattern set by The Pawn, all seems to be fine and dandy so far.
  • edited December 2017

Hi!
    Could you please tell us what OS you are using? I tried to reproduce the maximize problem, but it doesn't seem to happen on macOS at least.

Loosing your points. That's a small price for the master thief himself saving you fom drowning, isn't it? ;)

• Hi

OS is Win10.

I've tried to reproduce the problem as well, but no luck.

Thanks for not drowning me, oh master thief :smiley:

Cheers

• edited December 2017

The guild of thieves available now on itch.io

https://strandgames.itch.io/the-guild-of-thieves

• Yes indeed, the release process has started. It's looking pretty good. Today, I'll be uploading OSX and Linux versions as well.

All feedback welcome. The Itch version should notify you if/when a new version becomes available.